Tuesday 20 October 2015

The Masters...The Talented Filmmakers.

The Talented Filmmakers
Its been a busy few weeks with the UK Paraclimbing Competition Series underway and I joined John as his sight guide to compete in London at the Castle Climbing Centre in the 2nd round of the series. We took first place which was cool, but what was cooler was working with the young film making husband and wife team who wanted to document John and I's story for their BBC sponsored Masters Project.

Defining starting holds at the BMC 2015 Paraclimbing Series, Castle, London       
 I am always a little cautious around film makers when it comes to Paraclimbing projects as I have a very clear view of the environment I am lucky enough to be in within Paraclimbing and I am careful not to add fuel to the fire of portraying diversity under the 'charity model' and sometimes this portays my views a little abrasive as my job is to coach. 

I like to work with film makers, who are younger and less influenced by the past conceptions of the traditional disability models but you always run the risk of being part of another persons creative perception of who you are and what your doing. But these guys felt right. Looking forward to seeing the short film when the masters have finished with it!

Plans have been developing slowly around the shaping of the project to make sure it has the most impact possible to succeed in raising funds. I am feeling fidgety and want to begin learning and training for the kayak journey. Hopefully we will find someone near us to assist in our basic training before we make adaptions for our specific task...

No comments:

Post a Comment